Wednesday, April 11, 2007

So where do I start picking up the pieces of my life?

Why is it that everywhere I go I see people in love. I went for a walk around the lake yesterday to help me forgot about her but all I saw were couples holding hands and being lovey-dovey. And everytime I listen to the radio, I hear a love song. I was even considering calling in the Dalilah radio show to get some advice or at the very least request a song to mend my broken heart.

I havent had much sleep the past week. All I do is lay in bed thinking about how things used to be between us. I keep remembering how we first met and how good she made me feel about myself. I've always been a shy person all my life. She was the first girl who really took an interest in me, and for that I gave her everything I had. There was nothing I wouldnt do for her.

I'm always around people but I feel like I am the most lonely person in the room.

1 comment:

The JFB said...

You should stop the remembering. That will just make pain last longer.

A trick: whenever you become aware that you're back to your old self-sacrificing self, force a big, huge smile, even for then seconds.

Then you're now in a position to consciously choose whether you want to carry on hurting, or switch your focus of attention to anything else that jumps to mind...